Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Good and the Bad

In writing, I take different writing styles in wherever I can. I read books, poems, and articles. And there is so much good work out there. So many worlds coming forth from the minds of brilliant people.

Then there are some things I read going "Really? And you're a bestseller?"

There is a certain bestselling series that I read where, by the fourth book, I swore that it was just some really bad fanfiction. So why did I keep reading? Two reasons. One, my niece was reading the series and loved it. I wanted to be able to talk to her about it. But two, you have to take the good with the bad and read what you don't like about it. Take notes. Don't repeat those mistakes.

So, it may be "bad" in your eyes, but it's a lesson. No two people write alike. No two readers are exactly the same. Take in what you like. Write for YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment