Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Film Vs Screen - The Showdown

When I hear that a book is going to be made into a movie, I'm not going to lie, I cringe. I know that Hollywood wants to make the most visually acceptable version and that they really want a wow factor but they butcher most of them. For that reason, I try to watch the movie first, then I read the book. That way it doesn't ruin the experience for me. Example?


This movie was sweet and mellow when I watched it. Cute little love story with a supernatural twist. So, I thought I'd check out what the book was like.

SO MUCH BETTER.

Books go into so much more character development and they let you take the time to get to feel for them. 

It makes me a little weary of if my book does hit the mainstream. What if I get a movie deal and they butcher it all to hell and back? Tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment