Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Pretty Shiny Object Show

So, one thing my friends have asked me is "Why aren't you done yet?" They know I wrote out my outline so I know how the book will end. With everyone dead and JR waking up because it was all a dream. But what they don't seem to realize is the little things in between.

I'd like to introduce you to the Pretty Shiny Object Show.

It's not a visual one, per say. It's a developmental one. I start to write out what I know is going to happen then I'm all "OMG BUT WHAT IF..." And then POW! Next thing you know, I've got five pages of a plot twist going.

This is going to happen. A lot.

It's like watching infomercials at 2am when you've have a whole bottle of peach schnapps. It's sad.

However (comma) that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. This Pretty Shiny Object Show keeps the story diverse. I just have to remembering to follow the story line and get to the ending that I had planned.

Or do I? 

The Pretty Shiny Object Show doesn't come with spoilers.

No comments:

Post a Comment